From the Central Linn Superintendent,
Welcome to Central Linn! Central Linn is a special place in this world: a place rich in history and tradition, but not trapped in it. A place that not only honors its pioneering past but embraces the pioneering spirit as it pushes into the future.
We celebrate our community with traditions like the Pioneer Picnic and the Bloom ‘N’ BBQ that have gone on for generations authentic celebrations of who we are, not recent festivals designed for tourists’ consumption. We are the real thing. Central Linn is the kind of place that Norman Rockwell would have found bountiful subject matter: a community grounded by families, its close relationship with the land, and the desire to do right by our children.
It is that desire to do right by our children that has propelled this community to the forefront of educational reform. Not that we are trying to change the world, but because we believe that each one of our children is an individual and we want our schools and communities, to embrace, encourage, nurture, and provide “an individualized education for all learners.” It is just the right thing to do.
If your family has been here for generations, recognize and celebrate who we are. If you are a newcomer, jump in: coach a rec. center team, become a volunteer firefighter, flip pancakes on the 4th of July, stop by the senior center, thank a veteran at the VFW, come to a high school game or music night, become a ‘reading buddy’, join the Boosters or PTC, help out with FFA or robotics, get involved with this very special place that I am proud to call home.
Addendums to Invitations to Bid – March 1, 2018
Invitations to Bid
The Central Linn School District is seeking bids for Central Linn Elementary School and Central Linn High School. Deadline is March 19, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Flat Roof Life Extension Invitation to Bid for Central Linn Elementary School and Central Linn High School.
Overlay Roof Life Extension Invitation to Bid for Central Linn Elementary School.
The 2011 Central Linn School Board adopted a vision of responsibility to every one of our students, their families, and our community. All students in our school “count” and all of them will be served to the highest level possible. We will work with them at their level and push them as far as they can go.
The Purpose, Mission and Goals of Central Linn School District
“Individualized Education for All Learners”
Academic Mission Statement
“Prepare Learners That Will Excel in a Changing World”
- Eighty percent (80%) of all Central Linn Students will “Meet” or “Exceed” state standards by the end of the 2015-2016 School Year.
- 85% of students will continue their education beyond high school by the Class of 2019.
- 50% of students will graduate with 9 college credits by 2019.
- 75% of students will graduate with 3 college credits by 2019.
- 60% of students will graduate with a Career Readiness Certification (CRC) by 2019.
- 80% of students will graduate with Personal Management Team Certification (PMT) by 2019.
Management Mission Statement
“Build a Sustainable Organization”
- Build an “emergency fund” that is equal to 10% of the prior year’s budget by the start of fiscal year 2017 as well as criteria to access that fund.
- Have a long term (20+ years) facilities plan developed, with community input, by June 2014. Have said plan fully implemented by summer of 2019.
- Hold a minimum of four zone meetings per school year starting 2013-2014.
Cultural Mission Statement
“Build a Community-wide Culture of Life-Long Learning Focused on Unity, Excellence and the Future.”
- The District will survey community and staff each year on how Central Linn School District is progressing. Use similar survey each year.