Dear Families of Central Linn Schools,
We want to start by thanking everyone for supporting the return to in-person instruction. It has taken considerable work and planning from staff to ensure students can remain on-site. Over this week, we have begun to quarantine groups of students for direct exposure to a positive COVID infected person. There are several active cases involving a large number of students and some staff; this has significantly impacted our classes, bus routes, and sports participation. We are actively working with Linn County Public Health (LCPH) to identify the cases and ensure they are not spread within our schools. We are committed to remaining open and having all students on-site. Our office staff, teachers, and administrators are working hard every day to ensure students’ instructional needs are met alongside health and safety.
Families who have been impacted, should have received a call from your child’s school. During this time, some bus routes may be altered and adjusted which includes to and from school and sports activities. For the time being, classes remain in-person, on the same schedule, at both the Elementary School and the Jr/Sr High School. If you were called, you will receive a follow-up letter and/or Email that outlines the following:
- We are required to consult with Linn Co. on every case and review the protocol and dates
- Any exposed person will quarantine for 14 days unless:
- They provide proof of being fully vaccinated
- Provide proof of a negative approved COVID test (that is reported to LCPH) at least five days after exposure; returning the 8th day after exposure
- Provide proof of a previous positive and recovered COVID infection within the last 90 days
- Teachers are currently connecting with students and families about options while in quarantine.
- 7-12 Lessons and assignments are posted on Google Classroom or via communication from teachers.
- If your child needs a device, please contact the school office.
- Once students have returned from quarantine, they will be offered additional instruction during Friday schools to support unfinished learning.
The Oregon Health Authority has released a Family Plan document that may provide useful links and resources as each family navigates this year. https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le3881d.pdf
Central Linn School District