New guidance from the Oregon Department of Education and the Oregon Health Authority clarifies that masks are no longer required outside, for things like recess, watching athletic events, etc. Social distancing IS still required.
Please note that masks are still required indoors. Guidance has NOT changed for students, they must wear masks at all times indoors.
Some of the key changes from ODE are:
- During the school day, no one is required to wear a mask anymore outdoors. This includes arrival, departure, outdoor PE, recess, etc. Anyone may still wear a mask if they want, but they are not required. (Masks are still required indoors during the school day)
- For Central Linn, if students cannot maintain physical distanced spaces, they may be asked to wear masks (this includes entering and exiting the building, when gathered in congested areas, etc)
- People participating in or attending outdoor sporting events and extracurricular activities like graduation are also not required to wear a mask.
- Participants and spectators of indoor sporting events must wear masks unless the individual is fully vaccinated (meaning 14 days after their final dose), and that schools are required to seek proof of the vaccination prior to letting anyone take their mask off for these activities.
- For Central Linn, indoor athletics can have 2 spectators per athlete.
- Vaccinated athletes and spectators can remove masks for indoor sports.